Student Podcasts are LIVE! (and how I published them)

Our podcasts are now LIVE on Spotify! Listen now to these amazing student created projects. The topics you ask? Anything from Unusual Foods to the Secret Lives of Pets. If you ever wanted to know more about the first-ever male Cover Girl ambassador James Charles we got you covered! Worried about Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse? We got you too! Listen to those and more here!

pagebreak

How to Publish a Podcast

There’s a lot of work that happens before an episode is ready to air, and if you need the steps that lead up to its creation you can read about how I did that in this earlier post. It used to be you needed a distributor to get your material on Spotify, but now anyone can see their material on the platform. You won’t be able to post directly to Spotify, but by using the third-party service you should be able to do this very easily. Since I was making podcasts I used an easy and free site called PodBean. This lets you upload up to 3 episodes per day and then if you’re content with that you could just leave it there and link directly to your published episodes on that site.

However, I wanted to get them on Spotify – so I first needed to create an RSS feed. This took a little bit of Googling but let me save you the trouble – here’s how to do it. It’s actually a very straightforward process that once you know how to do it, it takes 5 seconds. You’ll need to create a Spotify account for the final step, but once you log in you can put your work on the site. Here’s how to submit your RSS Feed in 3 easy steps. The podcast might take a few hours to appear on the site, but that’s it!

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/show/3bSHTnsqzwwxgCQUthp3Gg

21st century education21st Century Music6-8 Middle Schoolhow to podcasthow to put a podcast on spotifyjames charlespodcastingpodcasts in the classroomproject based learningpublishing a podcastspotifystudent crated work

Frank Cademartori • March 28, 2019

Previous Post

Next Post